Embedding Technology in GCSE & A Level Mathematics
This NCP and its Work Groups aim to develop and sustain regional communities of practice involving collaboration between teachers in embedding technology into their teaching of Core Maths, A level Mathematics and/or Further Mathematics, whilst also developing participants as technology champions in their own school or college.
There is a range of currently available mathematics teacher PD around specific technology skill development and application to teaching but little evidence of sustainable, widespread embedding of technology in teaching and learning in all Level 3 mathematics classrooms. This NCP endeavours to address the DfE 2017 A Level Content statement “The use of technology, in particular mathematical and statistical graphing tools and spreadsheets, must permeate the study of AS and A level mathematics” and the Smith Review Report Recommendation 14: “The DfE should seek to improve the evidence base on the role and effectiveness of technology in the teaching of 16-18 mathematics”.
The Embedding Technology NCP consists of direct partnership working between the Maths Hubs Network and the Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP).
Joining a Work Group will require you to have an NCETM username for the final evaluation.
Click here to show you how to find yours or create an account, it is FREE!
- 20ZUsingZTechnology.pdf (518 Downloads)
- AQA-AS-A-MATHS-LDS_1.xlsx (509 Downloads)
- EdexcelZdatasetZV2ZDecZ2016_1.xls (507 Downloads)
- MEIZLDSZInfoZsheetZv4.0_1.docx (495 Downloads)
- MEIZLDSZv4.0_1.xls (529 Downloads)
- OCRZDataZSet_1.xlsx (480 Downloads)
- 10bar_1.ggb (503 Downloads)
- centreZdouble_1.ggb (503 Downloads)
- cyclicZquad_1.ggb (496 Downloads)
- sameZchord_1.ggb (492 Downloads)
- ExploringZconnections.ggb (475 Downloads)
- TakingZitZfurther.ggb (500 Downloads)
- squaredZbar_1.ggb (509 Downloads)
- GeoZx1sqZdemo.ggb (494 Downloads)
- GeoZ-6xZdemo.ggb (494 Downloads)
- GEOTANGENT_1.ggb (488 Downloads)
- GEOSINECOSINE_1.ggb (497 Downloads)
- GEOALLTRIG.ggb (623 Downloads)
- HighZStorrs.pptx (653 Downloads)