Ideas that focus on using technology to support looking at different mathematical structures, to support or reveal a deeper understanding..
The resources described by Pete Sides at the White Rose Maths Hub conference on bar modelling can be found here.
Power point presentation.
PDF of presentation at White Rose Bar Model conference, Salford (Feb 2017).
10 Bar random sums <10 illustrated on a bar model (any part of the number sentence can be hidden)
NB comparative bars & subtraction are also available on the same file
Fraction as a number a mixture of random and self-input fractions showing equivalence in different denominations and mixed number & vulgar fractions
NB- Values of parts or ratios can be selected to be shown or not
10 Bar interactive model of x+y=10 as a bar and as a line graph
x-squared interactive model of y=x2 shown as bars and as a point on graph
Circle thoerems: a series of simple geogebra files to allow interactive investigation of theorems
- 10ZBar.xlsx (496 Downloads)
- fractions2.xlsx (510 Downloads)
- ratioZbar.xlsx (499 Downloads)
- 10bar.ggb (479 Downloads)
- squaredZbar.ggb (449 Downloads)
- UsingZtechnologyZWRZconference.pdf (555 Downloads)
- TablesZrectangle.xlsx (470 Downloads)
- GEOTANGENT.ggb (452 Downloads)
- GEORECT.ggb (444 Downloads)
- GEOSINECOSINE.ggb (439 Downloads)
- centreZdouble.ggb (457 Downloads)
- cyclicZquad.ggb (453 Downloads)
- sameZchord.ggb (478 Downloads)