Ideas that focus on using technology to support looking at different mathematical structures, to support or reveal a deeper understanding..
The resources described by Pete Sides at the White Rose Maths Hub conference on bar modelling can be found here.
Power point presentation.
PDF of presentation at White Rose Bar Model conference, Salford (Feb 2017).
10 Bar random sums <10 illustrated on a bar model (any part of the number sentence can be hidden)
NB comparative bars & subtraction are also available on the same file
Fraction as a number a mixture of random and self-input fractions showing equivalence in different denominations and mixed number & vulgar fractions
NB- Values of parts or ratios can be selected to be shown or not
10 Bar interactive model of x+y=10 as a bar and as a line graph
x-squared interactive model of y=x2 shown as bars and as a point on graph
Circle thoerems: a series of simple geogebra files to allow interactive investigation of theorems
- 10ZBar.xlsx (458 Downloads)
- fractions2.xlsx (470 Downloads)
- ratioZbar.xlsx (466 Downloads)
- 10bar.ggb (447 Downloads)
- squaredZbar.ggb (419 Downloads)
- UsingZtechnologyZWRZconference.pdf (522 Downloads)
- TablesZrectangle.xlsx (438 Downloads)
- GEOTANGENT.ggb (419 Downloads)
- GEORECT.ggb (410 Downloads)
- GEOSINECOSINE.ggb (405 Downloads)
- centreZdouble.ggb (426 Downloads)
- cyclicZquad.ggb (418 Downloads)
- sameZchord.ggb (440 Downloads)